Lot 07 / Timeless Cabernet
For those who know in their hearts that Sonoma and Napa County produce some of the most age-worthy and elegant Cabernet Sauvignon in the world. Lunch at Stone Edge Farm with the winemakers who made Sonoma County Cabernet famous.
You and seven guests will experience a multi-course, seasonal menu prepared by John McReynolds, founding chef of the acclaimed Café La Haye, who is now culinary director for Stone Edge Farm and Edge Restaurant, a private dining room in downtown Sonoma. McReynolds creates his menus from the edible garden, changing his offerings with the seasons. Stone Edge Farm produces more than 100 varieties of organically grown vegetables, which McReynolds uses with unparalleled skill.
Continue down the road to Cabernet with your guest to the beautiful Kamen Estate for a luncheon and tasting with the views that changed his life. In 1980, Robert Mark Kamen came to Sonoma to celebrate the sale of his first screen play. While hiking the rugged hillsides of the Southern Mayacamas Mountains, Robert came upon a piece of property with breathtaking views of the San Francisco Bay. Remote, rugged, and without roads, water or electricity, the 280 acres had an immediate visceral impact on Robert. A week later the property was his From the beginning, Robert had a clear concept of what he intended for his property. First and foremost was the desire to plant the highest quality mountain grown Cabernet Sauvignon, while holding true to the pristine spirit of the land.
Next, it’s off to the Charles Krug, Peter Mondavi Sr. Family Estate, where you will find yourself at an Italian-inspired family dinner accompanied by Marc and Janice Mondavi. This elegant evening promises fresh cuisine and incredible wines, and is a fitting prelude to the following day of wine tasting with Alycia Mondavi where you’ll uncover the hidden gems of Napa Valley.
- Two nights for four couples at the Lodge at Sonoma
- Seasonal farm-to-table luncheon for eight at Stone Edge Farm’s exclusive Mountain Vineyard Estate
- Private lunch and wine pairing for eight at Edge in the heart of Sonoma Square
- Stone Edge Farm Cookbook
- VIP Napa Valley tastings with Alycia Mondavi and a private Italian-inspired family dinner with Marc and Janice Mondavi in their Napa Valley home
- Private luncheon and tasting on the top of Kamen Estate with Robert Kamen
- Two-bottle gift box and movie collection for each couple